Merla Positioning Tool
• The Upstroke jars are used in Wireline operations to aid with pulling sub surface devices my means of an upwards jarring action
• Jarring forces are changed by replacing the tension spring
• Springs available are: 200lbs, 400lbs, 700lbs and 1000lbs.
• Fitted with industry standard connections and fishing necks
• Mechanical jar which means no seals
• Available in 1 ½” and 2 1/8” O.D’s.
• Can be run in gas wells with no problems.
Operation of the tool is not complicated and design features have been incorporated to make the tool easy to service and practical to use. For example, only the shear pin in the locator key must be replaced after each trip into the well.
Pin replacement requires no disassembly and may be performed easily with the tool hanging in the lubricator. As a result, running and pulling can be easily and rapidly accomplished.