Mechanical Gun Release
- TCP perforating operations
- Permanent completions
- Well testing
- Uses standard slickline Type B shifting tools
- Slick fishing profile
- Leaves perforations uncovered
- Economical method for releasing guns ad optimizing production
- Leaves tubing open for other tools and operations
- Gun can be fished in one run
Titan’s Mechanical Gun Release is designed to provide an option to drop the guns into the rathole after firing. The release is usually run about 30ft above the guns and below the ported debris sub under the packer.
Operation of the release consists of engaging the profile in the latch with a standard slickline Type B shifting tool, jarring upward to shear the latch retainer screws. When the screws shear, the latch moves up allowing the tool to separate, dropping the gun assembly into the rathole and simultaneously releasing the shifting tool.
The tool is fully open to the internal diameter of the tubing after release and the housing, which remains on the end of the tubing, provides a re-entry guide.